A homemade pesto sauce recipe might be one of those things that would surprise you by being super delicious and in the same time nutritious.
Besides, there is always a satisfactory element when you make something on your own that tastes and looks good.
Like all of us, I like the convenience of store-bought sauces and dressings. The process is easy: you open a jar, pour it over your salad/meat/veggies, etc and suddenly you get a nice, super delicious meal without any effort. However, we have 3 meals in a day and if we use processed food products such as those sauces and dressings 3 times per day, that may lead to some health complications.
Of course, most of you will not believe that a disease might be a consequence from a tomato sauce, but there are many research studies proving that it might as well be.
Click on the link below to learn more about processed foods:
That’s why, here is an idea how to make your own pesto sauce which goes really well with zucchini noodles. Keep in mind that all of the ingredients are fresh, which means that your sauce will last no more than 3-4 days in the fridge.
- 2 zucchini, sliced with a peeler
- Cherry tomatoes (or diced regular ones)
- 1 cup basil
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup spinach (or more if you like its taste)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp nut milk (best with unsweetened almond/cashew milk)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste
- First, prepare the pesto sauce in a blender by adding the basil, spinach, ginger, garlic and almond milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Then, add the olive oil, lemon juice, walnuts and spices.
- Blend again until smooth.
- Peel the zucchini and add them into a skillet with a bit of rapeseed oil.
- When it’s heated up, add the tomatoes.
- Mix every few minutes for approximately 15 min. (If the mixture lack water, you can add a few drops to prevent sticking and burning the zucchini noodles)
- Add the pesto sauce you made.
- Mix well and serve with some freshly chopped basil on top and sesame seeds.
1 thought on “Zucchini noodles with homemade pesto”