As you may already know, I like easy recipes that do not take much time. And this is one of them.
Moreover, if you are trying to cut down on flour, this sweet escape is for you! I just want to note that flour is NOT (!!!) bad for you in any way, but I like to play around with ingredients and I really love making different kind of sweet desserts from scratch.
This Blueberry Tahini Loaf is both sweet and fresh, and if you have sweet tooth, you may think it is not sweet enough. But you can always add more sweetener and make it according to your taste. Personally, I am not a fan of too sweet things.
If you have any specific dietary needs, this loaf is:
- Keto friendly
- Candida diet friendly
- Type 1/2 diabetes diet friendly
- No added refined sugar
- Gluten Free
- High protein and low-carb
- Dairy Free
Please note that I am listing these things just out of medical concern. People who do not have any clinical issues that require a specific dietary regimens should focus on balanced diet without any restrictions!
Enough geek blabbing, here are the ingredients and substitution options.
- 4 eggs at room temperature: egg yolks and egg whites should be separated
- 120-130g frozen blueberries (you can use every kind of frozen berry- blueberry/blackberry/raspberry/strawberry). These forest fruits can be fresh as well.
- 50g banana protein powder (or any other protein powder that you currently have, or if you do not want to include any protein powder- you can always try with adding 50g buckwheat flour but just note that I have not tried substituting protein powder with flour).
- 40g walnut tahini and 40g hazelnut tahini (you can use 80g of whatever tahini or nut butter you have. It will taste delicious with all of them, but I just wanted to mention that the hazelnut one is the one I AM DYING FOR).
- 1 tsp baking powder/soda
- Sweetener of choice (I used 15g xylitol)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites until you reach the desired consistency (“cloudy”).
- Blend the rest of the ingredients carefully (without the blueberries and the egg whites) until you reach a smooth texture.
- Gently fold in the chosen berries with a spoon.
- Then, gently fold in the egg whites without overmixing it.
- Pour the mixture in a loaf pan (greased with coconut oil).
- Optional: Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for approximately 30-45 minutes without fan (depending on your oven). Just make sure to keep an eye on it while baking.
- Take out of the oven and wait for it too cool down before you slice it.
- Then, serve and enjoy!